19. Fair on Experiences and Best Practices in CEPA
A fair on experiences and best practices in Communication, Education and Public Awareness (CEPA) will be held on the margins of COP-9 in Room 0.105 of the Federal Ministry of Transport.
The Fair, which is organized jointly with the Government of Germany as the host of the ninth meeting of the Conference of the Parties, will include displays and presentations on the following themes:
- national CEPA strategies and their contribution to implementation;
- mobilization of the media for communication of messages on the importance of biodiversity for human well-being and of the Convention and its objectives;
- integration of biodiversity considerations into education including formal and informal contexts, and inter alia primary, secondary, university, and professional training;
- best practices in raising public awareness, including communicating with stakeholders and major groups, including business and other important economic sectors.
Parties and organizations will present their materials in a variety of formats including:
- Presentation of posters
- Display of printed materials
- Display of CD-ROMs
- Presentation of videos
- Events and presentations
To ensure maximum flexibility in presentations, and to take into account the different resource capabilities of Parties, it will also be possible to mount a display for only some of the days of the COP. Participants will be expected to have a resource person on hand at the fair during the entire time of their display.
The Secretariat invites Parties, other Governments, development agencies, research institutions, and other relevant organizations and initiatives to register their interest to showcase their CEPA projects and activities with the Secretariat at their earliest convenience, but no later than 26 March 2008
In order to facilitate the organization of the Fair, indications of interest should include a short description of the proposed activities (one page maximum), presentations and/or material to be showcased, including any audio-visual requirements. The dates for display and/or presentations should also be indicated.
It is important to note that, due to restricted room capacity, only a limited number of exhibitors can be offered the opportunity to showcase their work.
The Secretariat reserves the right to select the exhibitors.
Limited support will be provided for PC-based materials and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Parties are therefore encouraged to provide their own laptops. Internet access will be made available. A large screen, with audio system will also be available for the display of films and presentations.