NOTE: The following guidelines for preparing posters are also available in French and Spanish.
The posters should:
- briefly describe the National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (NBSAP) or equivalent instrument;
- highlight a limited number of specific achievements in the implementation of the NBSAP; and
- relate these to the goals of the 2010 Biodiversity Target.
Parties are strongly recommended to use the online poster generation tool that has been prepared courtesy of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ).
This tool, available in English, French and Spanish, allows the user to easily create posters from their own computer while providing a common framework that will facilitate comparisons of country experiences.
Posters should incorporate photographs and other graphics. In terms of the printing, the poster generation tool automatically generates pdf files for a number of different poster dimensions. For poster sessions at upcoming NBSAP capacity-building workshops and at COP-9, the posters would be best printed in the A0 (841 x 1189 mm) paper size.
Once completed, posters should be sent to the Secretariat at: SECRETARIAT@cbd.int
Any questions can be addressed to Camellia Ibrahim at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The poster should also contain the following information:
Insert the name of your country followed by the “National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (NBSAP)". Alternatively, choose a short and catchy phrase that describes in a few words the aspect of the NBSAP or equivalent instrument that will be the focus of the poster.
Overview of Biodiversity Planning:
Briefly describe your NBSAP or equivalent instrument, including:
Description of achievements:
- dates of preparation and/or revisions;
- whether the NBSAP or equivalent instrument has been adopted by the Government;
- the main laws or national strategies or plans to which this NBSAP or instrument are linked; and
- a brief description of the major components of the NBSAP organizing body, task force, or advisory committee.
Describe the most important impacts and achievements of the NBSAP. Highlight successes with facts and figures (e.g. area protected, results of actions taken to address threats to biodiversity, concrete results of the mainstreaming of biodiversity into economic sectors, etc.).
Linking achievements to the 2010 Target:
Link the achievements to the 11 goals
of the 2010 Biodiversity Target. The poster generation tool provides a structured way to do this.
Parties that have not yet completed their NBSAPs, and contributors other than Parties, are invited to adapt the guidelines, and use the poster generation tool, accordingly.