By 2010 the development, validation, and transfer of appropriate technologies and innovative approaches for the effective management of protected areas is substantially improved, taking into account decisions of the Conference of the Parties on technology transfer and cooperation
Suggested activities of the Parties
- 3.3.1 Document and make available to the Executive Secretary appropriate technologies for conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity of protected areas and management of protected areas.
- 3.3.2 Assess needs for relevant technologies for protected area management involving indigenous and local communities and stakeholders such as the, research institutions, non-Governmental organizations and the private sector.
- 3.3.3 Encourage development and use of appropriate technology, including technologies of indigenous and local communities with their participation, approval and involvement in accordance with Article 8(j) and Related Provisions, for habitat rehabilitation and restoration, resource mapping, biological inventory, and rapid assessment of biodiversity, monitoring, in situ and ex situ conservation, sustainable use, etc.
- 3.3.4 Promote an enabling environment for the transfer of technology in accordance with decision VII/29 of the Conference of Parties on technology transfer and cooperation to improve protected area management.
- 3.3.5 Increase technology transfer and cooperation to improve protected area management.
Suggested supporting activities of the Executive Secretary
- 3.3.6 Compile and disseminate information provided by Parties and relevant international organizations on appropriate technologies and approaches for efficient management of protected areas and conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity of protected areas.