1. Recognizes the importance of addressing the issue of knowledge, innovations and practices
of indigenous and local communities, and its importance for the implementation of the
Convention on Biological Diversity.
2. Encourages the Chairman of Working Group 2 to prepare a paper reflecting the diverse views
and suggestions discussed during the second meeting of the SBSTTA in time for the next
meeting of the Conference of the Parties.
3. Encourages the production and distribution, by the groups representing local and indigenous
communities participating in the meeting of the SBSTTA, of information on their views and
recommendations on the implementation on Article 8 (j).
4. Recommends that the Conference of the Parties request specific advice from the SBSTTA on
any technical and scientific issues relating to the implementation of Article 8(j).
5. Urges that the indigenous knowledge post within the Secretariat be filled as soon as possible.