LIKONA is the umbrella of volunteer organisations that monitor the biodiversity in the province. Volunteers are organised in different work groups studying one specific animal (i.e. badgers) or a group of species (i.e. spiders, breeding birds, ..). Every year all groups come together to plan the next working year and to present the results of the studies of the past year. In the afternoon invited keynote speakers give lectures on topics related to the protection of biodiversity in the province. This year the following topics will be presented:
- Are the Limburgian nature reserves well protected?
- Nightjars with transmitters
- Ecological management of ponds in Limburg
- Do 'devilstones" come from hell?
- Population dynamics of tics in the Kempen.