The following presentations provide general background and guidance on the clearing-house mechanism. They are primarily intended for CHM National Focal Points in charge of establishing, strengthening and sustaining national clearing-house mechanisms.
Each Party is different and there is no one-size-fit-all solution. Therefore the proposed guidance is expected to be adapted. There can be various valid approaches to meet the needs of a particular national situation.
Overall, the following roadmap is recommended for establishing and strengthening national CHMs
||No CHM NFP
- Convince Party to nominate CHM NFP
||CHM NFP not equipped
- Find solutions to provide basic infrastructure & communication facilities
||No national CHM website
- Get tools & support to establish web presence
||National CHM web presence
- Enhance web content
- Improve user experience
||Good national CHM website
- Expand information services
- Establish interoperability mechanisms
- Support other national CHMs