The Museum is dedicated to the study of Earth and life on Earth from their origin to the present day. It fills a unique position on the biodiversity research landscape. Its scientists conduct research both in the lab and in the field, participating in France and worldwide to inventory and study the planet’s natural and cultural diversity.
- Maintain our exceptional collections (67 million specimens)
- Conduct state of the art research
- Provide multidisciplinary education
- Offer recognized expertise
- Ensure dissemination of knowledge needed to protect biodiversity and our natural heritage
Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle contributes directly to Aichi Biodiversity Targets 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 20.
- Learn more about Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle's contribution to the Aichi Targets HERE