USP has as its main objectives developing knowledge by means of research, extending the existing knowledge to the society to its benefit, and providing higher education aiming at forming people capable of doing research and teaching in all knowledge areas, and aiming at their qualification for professional activities.
Given the breadth of USP areas of actuation, so are its biodiversity related objectives. They include:
- Developing new knowledge,
- Extending the knowledge to society,
- Forming people in all themes and subjects pertinent to knowing,
- Conserving, protecting and using biodiversity sustainably.
USP contributes directly to Aichi Biodiversity Targets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18 and 19.
- Learn more about USP's contribution to the Aichi Targets HERE