Global Biodiversity Outlook
The Conference of the Parties
1. Welcomes the second edition of the Global Biodiversity Outlook;
2. Expresses its gratitude to the Governments of the Netherlands, Switzerland and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as well as the European Community, for their financial support towards the preparation of the second Global Biodiversity Outlook;
3. Also expresses its gratitude to the organizations that provided data and indicator methodologies for the second Global Biodiversity Outlook;
4. Encourages Parties, other Governments, and relevant international organizations to ensure the widest possible dissemination of the second Global Biodiversity Outlook, including by translating the document into local languages and making the translated text readily available;
5. Requests the Executive Secretary to communicate the results of the second Global Biodiversity Outlook in all official languages in a strategic and effective way, including through the Clearing-house Mechanism and the mass media, using inter alia a short graphic summary that highlights the headline indicators and actions needed to achieve the 2010 target, and case-studies that highlight the importance of biodiversity for human well-being;
6. Invites the United Nations Environment Programme to use relevant parts of the Global Biodiversity Outlook in the further editions of the Global Environment Outlook, and requests the Executive Secretary to make available the information and analyses used in the second edition of the Global Biodiversity Outlook as an input to fourth edition of the Global Environment Outlook (GEO).