. Agenda item 3.6: Knowledge innovations and practices of indigenous and local communities
Agenda Item 3.6: Knowledge innovations and practices of indigenous and local communitiesThe SBSTTA,
1. Recognizes the importance of addressing the issue of knowledge, innovations and practices of indigenous and local communities, and its importance for the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
2. Encourages the Chairman of Working Group 2 to prepare a paper reflecting the diverse views and suggestions discussed during the second meeting of the SBSTTA in time for the next meeting of the Conference of the Parties.
3. Encourages the production and distribution, by the groups representing local and indigenous communities participating in the meeting of the SBSTTA, of information on their views and recommendations on the implementation on Article 8 (j).
4. Recommends that the Conference of the Parties request specific advice from the SBSTTA on any technical and scientific issues relating to the implementation of Article 8(j).
5. Urges that the indigenous knowledge post within the Secretariat be filled as soon as possible.