The Provisional Agenda
(UNEP/CBD/SBSTTA/16/1) for SBSTTA 16 provides an outline of the items that will be considered. Detailed information is provided in the Annotations to the Provisional Agenda
More information can be found on the SBSTTA 16 documents
1. Opening of the meeting.
2. Organizational matters:
2.1. Election of officers;
2.2. Adoption of the agenda and organization of work.
3. Ways and means to improve the effectiveness of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice in light of the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020 and issues, modalities and options for collaboration with the intergovernmental science-policy platform on biodiversity and ecosystem services (IPBES).
4. Global Biodiversity Outlook: preparation of the fourth edition.
5. Island biodiversity: in-depth review of the implementation of the programme of work.
6. Marine and coastal biodiversity:
6.1. Ecologically or biologically significant marine areas;
6.2. Addressing adverse impacts of human activities on marine and coastal biodiversity, including coral bleaching, ocean acidification, fisheries, and underwater noise;
6.3. Marine spatial planning, marine protected areas and voluntary guidelines for the consideration of biodiversity in environmental assessments in marine and coastal areas.
7. Biodiversity and climate change:
7.1. Advice on the application of relevant REDD+ safeguards for biodiversity, and on possible indicators and potential mechanisms to monitor or assess impacts of REDD+ measures on biodiversity;
7.2. Integration of biodiversity considerations into climate change-related activities, including addressing gaps in knowledge and information;
7.3. Geo-engineering: impacts on biodiversity and gaps in regulatory mechanisms.
8. Global Strategy for Plant Conservation: progress in implementing decision X/17.
9. Global Taxonomy Initiative: revised draft comprehensive capacity-building strategy.
10. New and emerging issues.
11. Biofuels and biodiversity: progress in implementing decision X/37.
12. Incentive measures: progress in implementing decision X/44.
13. Reports on collaborative work in the areas of agriculture, forests and health.
14. Other matters.
15. Adoption of the report.
16. Closure of the meeting.