2. Requests SBSTTA to prepare a proposal for a medium-term programme of work based on the
priorities set in the programme of work of the Conference of the Parties and on Article 25 and submit it to the
Conference of the Parties at its second meeting;
3. Decides also that it will decide, at each of its meetings, on which topics advice is required for
the implementation of the Convention, taking into account its medium-term work programme and SBSTTA's
remitasoutlined in Article25;
4. Decides further that the first meeting of SBSTTA shall be held at the headquarters of
UNESCO in Paris from 4 to 8 September 1995 to consider the attached provisional agenda.
Draft provisional agenda
1. Opening of the meeting.
2. Organizational matters:
3. Matters related to the modus operandi of SBSTTA.
4. Programme of work of SBSTTA for 1995-1997.
5. Matters on which advice from SBSTTA is required by the second meeting of the Conference of the
6. Draft provisional agenda of the second meeting of SBSTTA.
7. Date and venue of the second meeting.
8. Other matters.
9. Adoption of the report.
10. Closure of the meeting.