The meeting will discuss the followimg items, as agreed through decision X/1
- Issues for consideration by the Intergovernmental Committee at its second meeting (decision X/1, annex II):
- Development of a programme budget for the biennium following the entry into force of the Protocol;
- Elaboration of guidance for the financial mechanism;
- Elaboration of guidance for resource mobilization for the implementation of the Protocol;
- Consideration of rules of procedure for the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Protocol (Article 26, paragraph 5);
- Elaboration of a draft provisional agenda for the first meeting of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Protocol (Article 26, paragraph 6);
- The need for and modalities of a global multilateral benefit-sharing mechanism (Article 10).
- Continued consideration of items taken up at the first meeting of the Intergovernmental Committee:
- Modalities of operation of the Access and Benefit-sharing Clearing-House;
- Measures to assist in capacity-building, capacity development and strengthening of human resources and institutional capacities in developing countries and countries with economies in transition;
- Measures to raise awareness of the importance of genetic resources and associated traditional knowledge and related access and benefit-sharing issues;
- Cooperative procedures and institutional mechanisms to promote compliance with the Protocol and to address cases of non-compliance.
For in-depth detail on these items, please see the Annotated Provisional Agenda