Society for Wildlife and Nature International (SWAN)
The Society for Wildlife and Nature International (SWAN) celebrates the International Day for Biodiversity in Taiwan, including photographic exhibition, speeches and symposiums. Also, a national biodiversity education workshop, which has been held every year since 2003, will be held in July and August.
SWAN is a non-profit, non-governmental organization, founded in 1982 in Taiwan by scholars, legislators, businessmen, students and nature lovers who shared a keen concern for wildlife and the natural environment. Our objective includes:
- The conservation, study, and cultivation of wild animals and plants.
- The protection of natural scenery and habitats.
- Research and prevention of environmental pollution.
- Providing guidance and information for nature conservation.
- Promoting public awareness, training and education of nature conservation.
- International cooperation