Dates and sessions [expired]
- Tuesday, 7 June 2022: 6:00 - 7:00 PM (EDT, UTC-4)
- Wednesday, 8 June 2022: 6:00 - 7:00 AM (EDT, UTC-4)
- Global stakeholder briefing, Development of post-2020 global biodiversity framework, WG2020-4 meeting, Francis Ogwal and Basile van Havre, 7 & 8 June 2022, Powerpoint presentation (28 slides) [PDF-255 Kb]
About this event
The Secretariat held an information briefing by the Co-Chairs of the Open-ended Working Group on the progress made by the Working Group in developing the post-2020 global biodiversity framework at its resumed third meeting held from 14 to 29 March 2022 in Geneva, Switzerland and on the preparations for its fourth meeting (WG2020-4), to be held from 21 to 26 June 2022 in Nairobi, Kenya.
The outcomes of the resumed third meeting are reflected in the meeting report (CBD/WG2020/3/7), with the negotiated text of the framework contained in the annex to recommendation 3/1. The Working Group also prepared recommendation 3/2 on digital sequence information on genetic resources (DSI), which, among other things, requested the informal advisory group on DSI (IAG) to continue its work intersessionally. Finally, recommendation 3/3 lays out the mandate of the Working Group at its fourth meeting.
The briefing was intended to update Parties and stakeholders to assist in their preparations for WG2020-4. The provisional agenda and its annotations, scenario note, as well as further documentation are available on the WG2020-4 meeting webpage at: https://www.cbd.int/conferences/post2020/wg2020-04/documents.
The briefing was not a negotiation session. Statements and views expressed during the briefing were not considered part of the official work of WG2020-4 and were not directly reflected in the documentation prepared for WG2020-4.
To accommodate Parties and stakeholders in different time zones, the briefing was held twice, with a first session on 7 June 2022 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (EDT, UTC-4), and a second session on 8 June 2022 from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. (EDT, UTC-4). The briefing was conducted in English and one of the sessions was fully recorded and made available at the top of this page to accommodate those unable to take part.
- Opening and logistics (5 min)
- Presentation (30 min)
- Questions and answers (20 min)
- Closing (5 min)
To prepare for this meeting, parties and stakeholders consulted the following
- Outcomes of WG2020-3 (Past Geneva Meeting, March 2022)
- WG2020-3 Meeting Report [CBD/WG2020/3/7] [pdf-450 Kb]
- Preparation of WG2020-4 (Upcoming nairobi meeting, June 2022)
- Official CBD Notification to CBD National Focal Points, SBSTTA Focal Points, ABS Focal Points, Cartagena Protocol Focal Points, UN Organizations and Specialized Agencies, IGOs, NGOs, indigenous people and local communities, and other stakeholders: Briefing by the Co-Chairs on the outcomes of the third meeting and preparations for the fourth meeting of the Working Group on the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework [pdf-184 Kb]
- Registration card used to invite stakeholders to participate to the webinar [PDF-65 Kb]