CONAM and INRENA made a call "To work the National Strategy on Biological Diversity".
- A Supreme Decree was issued declaring 22 of May the National Day of Biological Diversity and was approved by the Presidency of the Cabinet.
- A celebration was organized in the National Institute of Natural Resources; Ing. Dark Matías Celi, Head of the INRENA, held a speech, together with Ing. Carlos Loret de Mola, President of CONAM, and Mrs. Kim Bolduc of the United Nations.
- A Postal Seal on Species of Fauna in Extinction was also released.
- A cycle of conferences "The Earth and the Environment" was organized by the Environmental Commission Piura.
- A press release was issued.