Ministrstvo za okolje in prostor - Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning
The Ministry will promote the International Year of Biodiversity on its websites, in publications and other printed materials. The Ministry has kindly provided a translation of the Logo in Slovenian language.
Almost 300 events are taking place in Slovenia this year to raise awareness getting the public involved in biodiversity conservation:
The 4th Bohinj International Wild Flower Festival
- The IYB website www.biotskaraznovrstnost.si was launched on January 11
- Many partners are supporting the IYB through their activities. See: www.biotskaraznovrstnost.si – Partnerji (in Slovene only)
- A public tender for NGO’s was launched in December 2009, giving financial support to 10 projects communicating biodiversity in 2010
- Thematic articles on biodiversity were published in magazines and daily press, national radio has produced several broadcasts. See: www.biotskaraznovrstnost.si – Knjižnica (in Slovene only)
- Many magazines in Slovenia have launched photo contests and childrens’ drawing contests. See: www.biotskaraznovrstnost.si
The Festival is one of the premier environmental events in Slovenia. It provides a wide range of events that highlight the outstandingly biodiversity of the area and its links to the arts, science and domestic life. The theme of the 2010 Festival Conference will be "Culture, Nature and Biodiversity as the Foundation for Rural Development".
International Day of Biodiversity
– May 22
The opening ceremony of the International wildflower festival
took place in Bohinj, accompanied by the opening of the exhibition Biotska raznovrstnost je življenje. Naše življenje.