Briefing 1: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Montreal (Canada) time UTC-4
Briefing 2: 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Montreal (Canada) time UTC-4
The briefings are intended to familiarize participants with the structure and content of the First Draft of the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework and to give the Co-Chairs of the Open-ended Working Group and the Secretariat the possibility to address any questions raised by participants.
The briefings will provide an important opportunity to update Parties and stakeholders on the details of the First Draft, which will be formally considered at the third meeting of the Open-ended Working Group on the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (WG2020-3), to be held virtually from 23 August to 3 September 2021.
The provisional agenda (WG2020/3/1) and annotated provisional agenda (WG2020/3/1/ADD1), as well as further documentation related to WG2020-3, can be accessed through the following link: https://www.cbd.int/conferences/post2020/wg2020-03/documents.
The information briefings will provide an opportunity to assist participants in their preparations for WG2020-3. It is important to note that statements and views expressed during these briefings would not be considered part of the official work of WG2020-3 and will not be directly reflected in the documentation prepared for WG2020-3.
The information briefings will not be negotiation sessions.
To accommodate Parties and stakeholders in different time zones, the first session will be held on 22 July 2021 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. (EDT), and the second on 22 July 2021 from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (EDT). Participants may join the date and time slot that is most convenient for them.
Opening and Logistics
1) Welcome and review of briefing objectives and agenda
2) Presentation of the First Draft of the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework
3) Questions & answers on the First Draft
|Moderated by CBD Secretariat|
4) Road Ahead to WG2020-3
Registered participants will receive a confirmation e-mail containing information on how to join the briefing. The briefings will be conducted in English and one of the sessions will be fully recorded and made available on the CBD website to accommodate those unable to take part.
Schedule of Briefings
Thursday, 22 July 2021 – Briefing 1 (focus on time zones for Americas, Europe, Africa, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East):
- 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. San Jose (Costa Rica) time UTC -6
- 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Mexico City (Mexico) time UTC-5
- 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Montreal (Canada) time UTC-4
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Brasilia (Brasil) time UTC-3
- 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. London (UK) time UTC+1
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Brussels (Belgium) time UTC +2
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Kampala (Uganda) time UTC +3
- 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Tbilisi (Georgia) time UTC +4
- 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. New Delhi (India) time UTC +5:30
- 9:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Tokyo (Japan) time UTC+9
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Riyadh (Saudi Arabia) time UTC +3
Thursday, 22 July 2021 - Friday, 23 July 2021 – Briefing 2 (focus on time zones for Asia and Pacific):
- 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. San Jose (Costa Rica) time UTC -6
- 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Mexico City (Mexico) time UTC-5
- 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Montreal (Canada) time UTC-4
- 3:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m. Kampala (Uganda) time UTC +3
- 5:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. New Delhi (India) time UTC +5:30
- 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Bangkok (Thailand) time UTC+7
- 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Manila (Philippines) time UTC+8
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Tokyo (Japan) time UTC+9
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Canberra (Australia) time UTC+10
- 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Wellington (New Zealand) time UTC+12