Message Submission Guidelines - IDB 2023
[Video messages] [Branding] [Resources]
This year’s theme for the International Day for Biological Diversity (IDB) on 22 May, “From Agreement to Action: Build Back Biodiversity” announced through official CBD notification 2023-026 [PDF-141 Kb], was chosen to mark the incredible achievement of the adoption of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework during the fifteenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP 15) and of the efforts being taken to ensure its timely implementation.
As we begin to plan for our IDB celebrations, we would like your support in engaging your audiences to drive awareness and ambition toward this landmark agreement for biodiversity. We all have a central role in fighting for our planet's future and ensuring we achieve the goals and targets comprising the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework. In that spirit, we would be honoured to receive a short video message that reflects the IDB theme for 2023 and what the adoption of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework means to you.
In doing so, we will emphasize hope, solidarity, and the importance of working together at all levels to build a future of life in harmony with nature.
Below are a few guiding questions you can use for your short video message:
- What does the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework represent to you and your mission?
- How can we engage people to Build Back Biodiversity?
- Which Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework target resonates the most with you and why?
Make sure your video follows these criteria:
- Video ratio: 1:1 or 16:9 (both work)
- Pixel: 1080 p ideal (nothing less than 720 p)
- Video time: 1 minute - 1.30 minutes max
Read the full CBD branding Guidelines for best practices.
- Theme of the International Day for Biological Diversity 2023, Official CBD notification, 13 March 2023 [PDF-141 Kb]
- Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework Website
- Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) Website
- CBD Social Media Channels: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Youtube