Africa - All countries
Americas - South America
Asia - All countries
Europe - All countries
Oceania - All countries
Scientific and Technical Cooperation
● Data/information (collection, analysis, dissemination, storage, processing – e.g. GIS data/imagery)
● Expertise (on site experts/consultants, virtual help desk, technical advice and institutional development support)
● Joint research or joint ventures for development of technical solutions/technologies relevant to biodiversity
● Networking and collaboration (including knowledge networks, discussion forums, communities of practice, professional association membership)
● Tools, methodologies, software
Multiple areas of expertise in biodiversity knowledge and conservation.
The French National Museum of Natural History is the national natural history museum of France and a "grand établissement" of higher education part of Sorbonne Universities, under the supervision of both Ministry of Ecological Inclusive Transition and Ministry of Higher education and Research of France. It was founded in 1793 during the French Revolution, but was established earlier in 1635 as a Royal Garden for medicinal plants. The Museum is organized through 5 missions : conservation and the expansion of its collections (living, natural and documentary collections), basic and applied research, education (Masters, PhD and futher training), dissemination of knowledge (exhibitions and publications), expertise. The Museum has 14 sites throughout France, with four located in the Paris area, including the original location, the Jardin des Plantes where is located the head office.