Activities undertaken by Saint Lucia in celebration of the International Day for Biological Diversity 2008, were as follows:
- Address by the Minister of Agriculture, Lands, Fisheries and Forestry, the Honorable Ezechiel Joseph, to the nation on Wednesday evening on national television and radio, 21 May 2008 on the theme “Biodiversity and Agriculture”
- “Agriculture for All” column in the newspaper, highlighting the minister’s address on the weekend, in the Voice of Saint Lucia
- Exhibition for the week from 19-23 May 2008 on the theme “Biodiversity and Agriculture” in the lobby of the Sir Stanislas James building with posters with pictures and texts, handouts on planting and maintenance of trees and fruit, and vegetables/fruits and selected traditional tree crops display.
- Half Day Seminar sponsored by EU/SFA Project on Banana Commercialisation and Agriculture Diversification in the National Insurance Corporation's (NIC) conference room to stakeholders and agricultural officers.
- Lecture to school in the northern part of the country by the Department of Forestry on the theme “Biodiversity and Agriculture”.
- Handover of painting of Saint Lucia’s National Bird for the CBD Museum of Nature and Culture on behalf of the country, to Mr. Ahmed Djoghlaf, on the International Day for Biological Diversity by Mr. Michael Andrew, Saint Lucia’s representative at COP 9 in Bonn, Germany.
- Sound Bytes on national news broadcasts of activities
- Interview of Biodiversity Coordinator on theme and day on "Agrciculture for Today" program on radio
- Promotion of day and week's activities by the Government Information Service
- Essays on Biodiversity written by students of Saint Mary's College