As the world continues to grapple with the pandemic, Biodiversity Day is once again celebrated virtually. We encourage you to organize digital activities and events to celebrate Biodiversity Day. Take advantage of this opportunity to raise public awareness and to show that you are "part of the solution"!
If you are an individual, you can also organize an activity yourself in your community or even at national level. Every person can make a difference!
You are in the best position to know what awareness-raising campaigns and calls to action work at your national level, but here are some ideas for activities anyone can do virtually, individually, and more.
Send in a message
Coordinate Biodiversity Day in your country
Put together a committee or network to prepare for Biodiversity Day celebrations.
One person can make a difference! For inspiration, take a look at the video below. Kudos to Rebecka Le Moine! Thanks to Rebecka's work, today Biodiversity Day has a dedicated website in Sweden.
Reach out to new audiences
Contact your local media to ensure coverage of Biodiversity Day and days leading to it.
Expand your networks to new partners that are not closely related to the environment and show how biodiversity fits into their lives and their work.
Use, adapt and share Biodiversity Day assets
Download the logo, customize it, and share it on social media.
Virtual backgrounds for Zoom, Teams, etc. (1920 x 1080).
Factsheet: the difference between biodiversity and nature.
|Official hashtags||Multilingual hashtags|
Share your location by using #[Your country] or #[Your city] and tagging @UNBiodiversity.
This helps you connect to and mobilize with others close by, who are interested in preventing biodiversity loss. Tagging your location also helps us identify all the corners of the world in which people are celebrating Biodiversity Day!
Take action everyday
"I'm part of the solution" - say it, do it!
- 52 tips for biodiversity is a booklet with 52 ideas available in all EU languages.
- 366 gestes pour la biodiversité is a longer version of the above, available in French and Dutch.
- Earth School: 30 Quests for students around the world to celebrate, explore and connect with nature.
- WWF: Connect2Earth assets for Partners and Educators.
- Search online for “eco-friendly activities” near you or in general, there are countless ideas on the web. Whether you're an individual, a government, a company or other entity, there are different types of activities you could organize: awareness raising, action, or even behaviour change.
Take part in policy activities
- Learn about the new global biodiversity framework and get involved in shaping it.
- Watch the proceedings of the informal sessions of the:
Involve kids in creating art
Do-It-Yourself puzzle: rediscover your love for puzzles! Draw more pieces, colour, cut out and voilà.
Colouring page (and cut-out puzzle) for young children.