What can I do? Have you ever wondered what you can do for biodiversity? On this page, you can find ideas for taking action. You can also submit your own.
22 Actions for Biodiversity
Lists of 22 actions for biodiversity will be released gradually for various audiences to inspire action for nature. The actions are aligned with the post-2020 global biodiversity framework. You are called to:
- Adopt any of the 22 actions or propose your own actions or lists
- Share photos/videos of your action(s) on social media with the hashtag #BiodiversityDay (available in other languages)
In the run-up to 22 May, the campaign will showcase these actions taking place around the world.
- 22 actions that anyone can do | 中文 | 日本語 | Catalan
- 22 more actions by every person around the globe (courtesy of WWF)
- 22 actions by businesses
- 22 actions by cities (courtesy of ICLEI)
- 22 actions by athletes (courtesy of Jadir Taekwondo Association)
- 22 actions by peacebuilders (courtesy of Ecosystem for Peace)
- 22 actions by museums and libraries (courtesy of Curating Tomorrow)
- 22 actions to help birds (courtesy of Audubon)
- 22 actions through Benefit-Sharing (Nagoya Protocol)
- 22 actions through Biosafety (Cartagena Protocol)
- 22 acciones por el INTA, Argentina | Versión web
- 22 actions for advancing biodiversity and gender equality together
- 22 actions for connecting with nature (courtesy of Nature Know Australia)
- 6 actions by the insurance industry (courtesy of the Green Finance Platform)
- 22 actions - propose your own
22 Actions for Biodiversity Day
- This list stands out from the ones above because it enumerates 22 actions in support of the #BiodiversityDay campaign. Here is how you can help raise awareness about Biodiversity Day.
22 Biodiversity-related items
- 22 Biodiversity Heroes
- 22 Women supporting biodiversity
- 22 Biodiversity scientists
- 22 international jobs (week of 16 May 2022)
- 22 intergovernmental organizations to follow on social media
- 22 threatened animal species
- 22 threatened plant species
- 22 threatened fungi species
- 22 children's books about the environment
- 22 reasons to join the Action Agenda
- 22 benefits of equitable land tenure
- 22 biodiversity-related items - propose your own
Please submit your list by email or contact us if you need more information or wish to provide feedback. Thank you for your participation!
The Action Agenda is a voluntary commitment platform for non-state actors (e.g. private sector, organizations, municipalities, academia, indigenous peoples and local communities, individuals, etc.) to make commitments that are highlighted in support of the implementation of the post-2020 global biodiversity framework. You are invited to register your Actions for Biodiversity on the Action Agenda platform.
- 52 tips for biodiversity is a booklet with 52 ideas available in all EU languages.
- 366 gestes pour la biodiversité is a longer version of the above, available in French and Dutch.
- Earth School: 30 Quests for students around the world to celebrate, explore and connect with nature.
- WWF: Connect2Earth Biodiversity Download Pack (2022) and Assets for Partners and Educators (2021).
- Let's Go Back Home: a comic book, which intends to generate a deeper understanding on the Indigenous Peoples’ lives, worldviews, food systems, and the roles of Indigenous Women and Youth.
- Search online for “eco-friendly activities” near you or in general, there are countless ideas on the web. Whether you're an individual, a government, a company or other entity, there are different types of activities you could organize: awareness raising, action, or even behaviour change.