The Conference of the Parties
1. Urges Parties and other Governments to participate actively in the relevant review processes under the Global Forest Resources Assessment and the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment, as required;
2. Takes note of the progress of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment and the outline for the synthesis report that will be prepared for the Convention on Biological Diversity as contained in annex I of the progress report of the Millennium Assessment submitted to the Conference of the Parties at its seventh meeting (UNEP/CBD/COP/7/INF/34);
3. Encourages national focal points to participate in the review of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment reports;
4. Requests the Subsidiary Body for Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice to review the findings of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment including the synthesis report on biodiversity, to be taken into account by the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment in finalizing its reports; and to prepare recommendations to the eighth meeting of the Conference of the Parties;
5. Recognizing the need to strengthen the scientific base for decisions, requests the Executive Secretary to cooperate with the United Nations Environment Programme on the follow-up of the process of international environmental governance;
6. Encourages the Executive Secretary to continue collaborating with the international assessment of agricultural science and technology for development (UNEP/CBD/SBSTTA/9/INF/38).