This discussion forum provides an opportunity for discussion and the sharing of views on issues addressed in decision 15/5, on the monitoring framework for the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework. This is discussion forum has been specifically created to respond to the request in paragraph 11 of that decision requesting the Executive Secretary, in collaboration with the ad hoc technical expert group to convene moderated online discussions on the monitoring framework.
In decision 15/5 the Conference of the Parties also decided to establish an ad hoc technical expert group (AHTEG) to advise on the further operationalization of the monitoring framework for the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework. The AHTEG will also be considering specific issues related to the indicators contained in the monitoring framework.
Participation in the online discussion forum
To participate in the forum, you must create a CBD account if you have not already done so and log into the CBD webpage. To facilitate discussion specific threads have been created below. Please post your comment in the most appropriate thread.
Participants are invited to observe the following guidelines when participating in the forum:
- Briefly introduce yourself when posting your first message (name, country/organization and institutional affiliation);
- Subscribe to the thread(s) to follow and receive notifications;
- Keep messages brief, concise and relevant to the topic/question being discussed;
- Ensure that the messages are relevant to the topic/question being discussed;
- Provide the reference number of a previous post when responding to it;
- Make the subject header of your post as descriptive as possible about the content of the message so that other participants can easily decide which messages to read and respond to;
- Make sure that the text or files attached do not contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar file deficiencies;
- Be respectful of the viewpoints of others.