Links between nature and culture
Human rights for thriving indigenous peoples, local communities and healthy ecosystems
- Local Biodiversity Outlooks. Indigenous Peoples’ and Local Communities’ Contributions to the Implementation of the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020. A complement to the fourth edition of the Global Biodiversity Outlook.Forest Peoples Programme, the International Indigenous Forum on Biodiversity and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (2016) Moreton-in- Marsh, England.
- Global Witness (2017) Defenders of the Earth
- Co-chairs' Summary of the Peer to peer Dialogue on the human right to a healthy environment and SDGs: weaving SDG 16 and human rights law with the post-2020 global biodiversity framework, Ituarte-Lima, C., and Kibugi, R., 2018. SwedBio/Stockholm Resilience Center, International Development Law Organization, Office of the High Commission of Human Rights-Special Procedures, UN Environment and Natural Justice.
- Sustainable Development Goal 16 and biodiversity: mainstreaming biodiversity, ecosystem services and human rights in the mining sector.Ituarte-Lima, C., and Stromberg, P., (2018), SwedBio at Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Biodiversity financing and safeguards: lessons learned and proposed guidelines’, Stockholm: SwedBio/Stockholm Resilience Centre at Stockholm University, Information Document UNEP/CBD/COP/12/INF/27 http://www.cbd.int/doc/?meeting=cop-12 . See also Adopted CBD Voluntary Guidelines on Safeguards in Biodiversity Financing Mechanisms: CBD-COP Decision XII/3 on “Resource mobilization” including the Annex III.
- Global recognition of the right to a safe, clean, healthy and sustainable environment, Report of the Special Rapporteur on the issue of human rights obligations relating to the enjoyment of a safe, clean, healthy and sustainable environment, A/73/188, Knox, J., and Boyd, D., (2018)
- Report on Framework Principles on Human Rights and the Environment, Knox (2018)
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on the issue of human rights obligations relating to the enjoyment of a safe, clean, healthy and sustainable environment, A/HRC/34/49, Knox, J (2017)
- MEA (2005) Ecosystems and Human Well-being: Synthesis. Millennium Ecosystem Assessment. Island Press, Washington, DC
- Global Dialogue on Human Rights and Biodiversity Conservation Eldoret, Kenya, 20 – 23 November 2017. Workshop report. Malmer, P., Chongeywo, P. K., Clarke, C., Ituarte-Lima, C., Jonas, H., Kenrick, J., Stone, N., Tugendhat, H., (2018)
- Report of the Special Rapporteur of the Human Rights Council on the rights of indigenous peoples Tauli-Corpuz, V (2016)
- The Human Rights Based Approach to Development Cooperation: Towards a Common Understanding Among UN Agencies', United Nations Development Group (2003)
- Whakatane Mechanism
- OHRCHR, Climate Change and the Right of Everyone to the Enjoyment of the Highest Attainable Standard of Physical and Mental Health (A/HRC/32/23),OHRCHR
- Climate change and the full and effective enjoyment of the rights of the child (A/HRC/35/13), OHRCHR