Date and sessions: [expired] Tuesday, 8 February 2022: 8:00 - 9:30 a.m (EST) and 6:00 - 7:30 p.m (EST)
- Briefing Webinar on the Joint Meeting Agenda and Organization of Work, CBD Secretariat [PDF, 543 Kb]
About this event
The Co-Chairs of the Open-ended Working Group on the Post 2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (WG2020), Mr. Francis Ogwal (Uganda) and Mr. Basile van Havre (Canada), the Chair of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA), Mr. Hesiquio Benitez (Mexico), and the Chair of the Subsidiary Body on Implementation (SBI), Ms. Charlotta Sörqvist (Sweden), organized a briefing webinar on the joint meeting agenda and organization of work of the resumed sessions of SBSTTA-24, SBI-3 and WG2020-3 to be held from 13 to 29 March 2022.
The scenario note [PDF, 283 Kb] for the joint meeting, and more specifically, the proposed organization of work contained in the annex has been updated to reflect the revised dates and can be accessed on the meeting website.
The briefing comprised two sessions to accommodate Parties, other governments and relevant organizations based in different time zones. The first session was held on Tuesday, 8 February 2022 from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. (EST), and the second on the same day from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. (EST).
The briefing aimed to provide the Chairs an opportunity to provide further guidance and clarity to Parties and stakeholders on the joint meeting agenda ahead of the resumed sessions, addressing, in particular, how the linkages between various agenda items are coordinated and scheduled in sequence to reinforce each other. Above all, the briefing was intended to provide Parties and stakeholders with sufficient space to ask questions, seek clarification, and express their views on the proposed joint meeting agenda.
As per usual practice, the briefing was not negotiation sessions. It instead provided an opportunity to support participants in their preparations for SBSTTA-24, SBI-3 and WG2020-3. It is important to note that statements and views expressed during these briefings are not considered part of the official work of SBSTTA, SBI and WG2020 and are not directly reflected in the documentation prepared for the resumed meetings in March 2022.
The briefing sessions were conducted in English, covering various time zones and were recorded (see the webinar materials section above) to accommodate those unable to take part.
- Opening & Information on logistics and organizational matters by the CBD Secretariat
- Presentation of the joint meeting agenda and organization of work by the Chairs
- Expectations for SBSTTA-24, SBI-3, WG2020-3 by the Chairs
- Questions & Answers on the joint meeting agenda moderated by the CBD Secretariat
- Closing by the Chairs
- Revised scenario note for the resumed sessions of twenty-fourth meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice, the third meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Implementation and the third meeting of the Open-ended Working Group on the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (CBD/WG2020/3/1/Add.2/Rev.4; CBD/SBSTTA/24/1/Add.2/Rev.2; CBD/SBI/3/1/Add.2/Rev.2) [PDF, 283 Kb]