- Recording of the morning session
- Recording of the evening session
- PPT presentation
- Templates for submitting advanced comments on the annexes
Date: 13 January 2022
Sessions: 8:00 a.m. (EST) and 6:00 p.m. (EST)
The virtual session of the third meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Implementation held in May and June 2021 discussed, among other matters, options to enhance planning, monitoring, reporting and reviewing mechanisms for the Convention and the post-2020 global biodiversity framework, and prepared a draft conference room paper (CBD/SBI/3/CRP.5) for further discussion and adoption at the resumed session of SBI 3, which is now scheduled for 13-29 March 2022. The conference room paper (CBD/SBI/3/CRP.5) contains four annexes, which SBI 3 requested the Executive Secretary to develop or revise and provide them for consideration at the resumed session. In response, the Executive Secretary has prepared these four annexes contained in the following documents. These documents are available in the 6 UN languages here:
- National reporting under the Convention: Revised guidance and draft template for the seventh and eighth national reports (CBD/SBI/3/11/Add.1/Amend.1)
- Draft guidance for updating or revising national biodiversity strategies and action plans in light of the post-2020 global biodiversity framework (CBD/SBI/3/11/Add.4)
- Modus Operandi of the open-ended forum of SBI for country-by-country review of implementation (CBD/SBI/3/11/Add.5)
- Commitments from actors other than national governments in the context of an enhanced planning, monitoring, review and reporting mechanism (CBD/SBI/3/11/Add.6)
Considering the very limited time during the resumed sessions to discuss about these annexes, following the guidance of the SBI 3 Chair, it was recommended that time available due to the postponement of the resumed sessions is used to get advanced comments from Parties and observers on these annexes so that comments to be received could be considered in finalizing the conference room paper for adoption. The SBI Chair invited Parties and stakeholders to provide advanced comments on the four annexes mentioned in CBD/SBI/3/CRP.5 during the period 14 January to 25 February 2022 (re: notification 2022-001).
To help Parties and observers review these documents, the Secretariat organized a webinar on 13 January 2022 (8 am - 9:30 am, and 6 pm - 7:30 pm Montreal time) to introduce these documents.
Parties and observers could register their participation in this webinar at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/5495197907640884492
The webinar lasted one hour and a half, including time for questions and answers.
- Opening remarks by the SBI-3 Chair
- Introductory remarks by the CBD Secretariat
- Presentations on related documents
- Questions and answers
- Closing remarks