In paragraph 24 of the annex to decision VIII/I, whereby the Conference of the Parties (COP) adopted the island biodiversity programme of work, the COP requested the CBD Secretariat to collaborate with Governments, international organizations and other relevant bodies to implement the programme of work, inter alia, to develop a list of, and encourage, potential partners for each of the goals of the island biodiversity programme of work.
As a result, the Secretariat, with input from members of the Ad Hoc Technical Expert Group on Island Biodiversity, which met in Tenerife, Spain, from 13 to 17 December 2004, drew up a tentative list of potential partners for each of the goals of the island biodiversity programme of work. This list was sent to every organization on the list, each of which was asked:
1) If they approved of their inclusion on this list
2) If so, to confirm or correct the specific goals under which their organization is listed
3) Specify particular activities of interest under the relevant goals, if desired
4) Nominate or confirm their focal point for the island biodiversity programme of work
5) Indicate whether we may include a link to their website.
Below is the list of potential partners. Those partners who confirmed their interest in being included by 7 May 2007 include a link to their website and a contact person.